Sunday, October 2, 2011

Artsy Fartsy!

I mentioned in my introductory post about how I love art. Well it’s still true. I am madly in love with art.

This semester I’m taking Intro to Drawing with Professor Geebo Church. As a senior design student I would normally not be taking this class now, but I kept pushing it off semester to semester and landed in it now. But honestly, it’s the best class I could possibly be in right now because with capstone and all of my other 300/400 level courses, ART 110 is like a breath of fresh air⎯and sanity!
Painting is a fairly new endeavor for me. My comfort resides in pen and ink drawing, photography, collage art, etc. But now that I’m doing it in class I feel much more comfortable with it. I’ve been doodling with card sized paintings and a few on a large scale.




When I paint I think about my friend Kaisa-Leena. She is a family friend from long before my time. Both my Uncle Bill and my mother spent time in Finland during their early twenties and Kaisa-Leena is a mutual friend of theirs as well as me. We share a name and a passion for art. The first time I visited Finland a year and a half ago she taught me a little about watercolors; she taught me that you use the water to control the paint and a little paint goes a long way. I know I still have much to learn, but I’m having a great time while doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment